Vikrant Bhargava is the Managing Partner and founder of Veddis, a multi-asset investment company and is married to Dr Surbhi Virmani. Vikrant was previously co-founder and Marketing Director of PartyGaming Plc. Dr Virmani has 20 years of experience in Anaesthetics and Critical Care, and now specialises in Cosmetic Dermatology. Together, Vikrant and Surbhi initially established two charities, LetzDream, working with the most vulnerable people in India and LetzChange, a tech platform that now powers GiveIndia, India’s largest giving platform for charities. Being committed to effective philanthropy, they set up Veddis Foundation to research and focus their giving on the highest impact opportunities in the UK, India and elsewhere. Vikrant is also passionate about transforming high school children’s relationship with STEM. In 2018, he founded FIRST UK, which aims to get more students interested in STEM through robotics.
Vikrant Bhargava and Dr Surbhi Virmani
Shirley and Curtis Chambers
Curtis was Uber’s seventh employee and was the first Head of Engineering for Uber, UberEats, and UberFreight. Before Uber, he helped build Expensify and Akamai. Shirley was a product and operations manager at Yahoo, launching emerging markets globally. After leaving the corporate world, she dabbled in startup life.
Curtis and Shirley are now focused on philanthropy and impact investing. When they’re not traveling, Curtis and Shirley spend their time between San Diego and San Francisco with their two young children.
Luke studied medicine at Oxford before switching to a career in finance. He held a number of senior management positions at Natwest and Merrill Lynch, and became a senior partner at fund management firm Brevan Howard. Luke now engages full time with his philanthropic activities in parallel with pursuing his business interests. He is a keen supporter of many organisations associated with Effective Altruism and his early donations have played an important role in the rapid growth of many promising charitable organisations.
David is a technologist, the founder of Unity Technologies, non-exec director to others, and a restless entrepreneur with a passion for creating feedback loops between innovation and teams and products, applying new and old business models to changing industries, and pushing people to do the very best they can do.
David's background is in programming, an assortment of university dabbling, creating companies, and helping entrepreneurs. He served as CEO of Unity Technologies since co-founding it in 2003 and until October 2014, with an unflinching vision to democratise game development, and to develop technology and business models for the next phase of the games industry.
Taavet Hinrikus and Silvia Fantauzzi
Taavet Hinrikus is co-founder and Chairman of TransferWise. Prior to starting TransferWise, Taavet was Skype’s director of strategy until 2008, starting as its first-ever employee. Taavet acted as CEO of TransferWise until 2017, and since then has stepped into the role of Chairperson.
One of the World Economic Forum's Tech Pioneers, Taavet has acted as adviser to the former Prime Minister of Estonia on the digital agenda and helped the European Commission on its digital and innovation programs. He’s also a mentor for the next generation of talent, leading TransferWise’s 20 Under 20 programme to support Europe’s brightest teen CEOs and having co-founded the Good Deed Foundation Education Fund in Estonia. Lastly Taavet is an active angel investor; his investments include Bolt, Zego, Veriff, Tweetdeck, Mendeley, Improbable and Cleo.
Taavet and Silvia live in London with their two young children. Silvia is the creative part of the family with her background in graphic design.
Neil Hutchinson and Jessica Stroup
Neil is the founder of NEON, an investment vehicle with activities in technology, property and philanthropy. He is also the CEO of Front Of The Pack, on a mission to lead the revolution in pet health. Jessica is an actor who has starred in a number of films and TV shows. Neil and Jessica are committed to giving back through the NEON Foundation, helping exceptional charities and social enterprises transform lives.
Eric and Wendy Schmidt
Schmidt Futures is a philanthropic initiative, co-founded by Eric and Wendy Schmidt, that finds exceptional people and helps them do more for others together. Schmidt Futures knits talent into networks, bets on the most promising ideas through diverse forms of competition and support, and equips people to scale through partners and modern tools.
Jaan is a founding engineer of Skype and Kazaa. He is Co-Founder of the Cambridge Centre for Existential Risk, Future of Life Institute, and philanthropically supports other existential risk research organizations. He is also a partner at Ambient Sound Investments, an active angel investor, and has served on the Estonian President's Academic Advisory Board.
"I started Great.com with the mission of doing the most good in the world, and I’m now joining Founders Pledge to help further that goal. I’m excited to partner with such an inspiring and dedicated team and cannot wait to be an active member of this community for many years to come."
Erik Bergman founded performance marketing and lead generation company Catena Media in 2012. Catena Media went public on the Swedish stock exchange in 2016 and was valued at $200 million. Passionate about charitable giving, Erik founded his new venture, Great.com, in 2018, an organisation that uses creative digital marketing techniques to generate revenue from the online gambling industry and donates 100% of its profits to vetted charities around the world.
Andrew White & Nicola Kelly
Andrew Patrick White is the Founder & CEO of FundApps, a RegTech company which provides compliance & regulation monitoring services to the world’s largest investment banks, asset managers and hedge funds. FundApps was voted on to the Future 50, the FinTech50 and was used as a case study in financial disruption by the World Economic Forum. FundApps currently monitors ca. 13 Trillion USD of assets every day, which represents over 12% of the world's assets under management.
Andrew is an avid traveller and at last count he has been to 123 sovereign states.
Alex is the founder of XTX Markets, a leading algorithmic trading firm providing $300bn of daily liquidity in the equity, foreign exchange, fixed income, commodity and crypto markets. He is also one of the UK’s most active philanthropists, donating to a wide range of social mobility, education and environment charities. Since 2020, this has included multi-million pound support for maths education, including launching Maths Education for Social Mobility and Excellence (MESME) and bringing the Russian ‘maths circles’ programme to the UK.
The philanthropic commitment made by Foundry members supports our core operations and enables us to increase our capacity to find and fund solutions to the world's most pressing problems.
As a Foundry member you may have access to many of the opportunities available to all Founders Pledge Members*.
This can include:
Research + Advisory
- Access to a Research Advisor who can aid in philanthropic giving, for example, via:
- “Values Discovery Sessions” - for individuals, couples, foundations, and multi-generational families to align/hone their charitable priorities and inform a portfolio of giving
- Philanthropic Mission Workshops, Goal Setting, and other journeys
- Vetting of charities and cause areas - explorations into causes or organisations of interest
- Briefings with Founders Pledge Researchers on high-impact cause areas of their expertise
- Name recognition as a Foundry member:
- On Founders Pledge website
- In annual impact report and periodic impact updates
- In select community emails, newsletters, in member materials
- On the Founders Pledge Community Platform,The Hub
- Bi-annual call with Founders Pledge CEO
Events + Community
- Access to webinars focusing on cause areas and topics of interest with leading experts, Founders Pledge team, and partners
- Invitation to dinners on the occasion of the London and San Francisco Forums, with Forum speakers and special guests
- Priority registration at London and San Francisco Forums
- Priority invitations to Founders Pledge retreats and travel
Leverage your Impact
- Annual Impact report + periodic impact updates
- Opportunities to advise on Founders Pledge strategy and direction
- Amplify your philanthropic voice and priorities to our community/emerging philanthropists via Founders Pledge marketing and communications; such as being interviewed for our podcast or blog, or hosting a programme to highlight a cause area of interest (in coordination with Founders Pledge)
- Opportunity to engage Founders Pledge Leadership, Research team, or Founders Pledge network of experts for your hosted event, podcast, or other personal or professional platform (to be mutually agreed)
- Beyond the Pledge: Opportunities for members to take meaningful moral action outside of their traditional pledge
- Access to The Hub (the Founders Pledge Community Platform) to foster increased connection and collaboration across our member network
By making a pledge and joining our Community, Founders Pledge pledging members are granted philanthropic education benefits - via our events, research, and advisory services - free of charge.